Eighth Judicial District Court History
In 1929, the Nevada Legislature created the Eighth Judicial District Court to serve the needs of Clark and Lincoln Counties. Growth in southern Nevada led to a change in 1945 when the Legislature set the boundaries of the Eighth Judicial District Court to serve only Clark County. The Eighth Judicial District is now the largest general jurisdiction trial court in the state. The jurisdiction includes all municipalities and surrounding communities of Clark County. The court's 52 elected judges preside over more than 105,000 criminal, civil, family and juvenile cases annually.
The Eighth Judicial District has received national recognition as a leader in innovation and technological advancement.
The Civil and Criminal Divisions of the court are located in the Regional Justice Center, 200 Lewis Avenue, in downtown Las Vegas. The Family and Juvenile Divisions are located in the Family Courts and Services Center, 601 N. Pecos Road in Las Vegas.