Erin Lee Truman
The Discovery Commissioner is charged to resolve any problems that arise from District Court pre-trial disputes involving discovery in civil cases. The Commissioner is appointed by and responsible to the full complement of District Court Judges.
At the direction of the Commissioner, the discovery staff processes between 2,500 and 3,000 cases per year and is responsible for regulating the orderly exchange of information between the parties. The office sets guidelines for pre-trial case preparation and readiness based upon the needs of the party, as determined by the Commissioner. The Discovery Office notifies each Judge when cases should be ready for trial setting, thereby allowing the Court to keep track of the progress of each case through the system.
Phoenix Building 10th Floor
330 S. Third St., 10th Floor
Las Vegas, NV 89101
Discovery Hearing Room:
Regional Justice Center
200 Lewis Ave, Las Vegas NV. 89155
Hearing Room: 5308 on the 5th Floor
Mon – Fri: 8:00AM – 5:00PM
Lunch: Noon – 1:00PM
Phone Number: 671-4486
Fax Number: 671-4485
Discovery Forms & Information Packets
The following forms are intended to be used as samples only. You can print them or save them as a template for your own individual documents. To download form samples, click on the appropriate document title.
- You are alerted to multi-paged forms in the index.
- Please use care to download and print all pages.
- Missing pages may render your document unacceptable to the courts.
- To access our on-line forms click the appropriate title.
Title Download Download Notice of Early Case Conference Form Joint Case Conference Report Form Discovery Commissioner's Report and Recommendations Form Report and Recommendations Instructional Sample Packet Order Shortening Time Form Eighth Judicial District Court Rule (EDCR) 2.34 Civil Subpoena (Duces Tecum) Civil Subpoena Deposition Subpoena (Duces Tecum) Deposition Subpoena Interrogatories Request for Production of Documents Subpoena Duces Tecum for Business Records Transcript CD Form
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The Discovery Office:
- Does Not File Anything.
- Does Not accept any pleadings that are faxed (filed or unfiled).
- Does Not call when documents are ready to be picked up, due to the high volume of paperwork received daily.
Telephone Conference or Depo Call with the Commissioner:
- The case must be exempt from Arbitration and cannot be in the Short trial Program.
- All active parties to the case must be represented and ON THE TELEPHONE prior to calling the Discovery office and before the Commissioner will join the Conference call.
- All counsel/parties must agree to speak with the Commissioner.
- A hearing must be held in order to get a ruling/recommendations from the Discovery Commissioner.
- Motions submitted on an Order Shortening Time will be reviewed/set within a day. Discovery will need an Original Order Shortening Time plus 1 copy delivered to the Discovery drop off (Phoenix Building, 10th Floor). Once the Order Shortening Time has been provided with a calendar date and time, then it needs to be e-filed. Our office does not give any calendar dates over the phone. Also, we do not contact the firms when the Order Shortening Time is ready for pick up.
- Declaration must comply with NRS 53.045/Affidavit must be notarized.
- The Order Shortening Time must contain an original Affidavit or Declaration of moving counsel pursuant to EDCR 2.34(d). This rule specifically requires your affidavit to contain reference to either a personal or telephone conference between counsel (or with a proper person) with an attempt to resolve the matter. Letters/Faxes/E-mails to the other side are not sufficient. (Who did counsel speak to? When? What was discussed amongst counsel? Why was counsel unable to resolve?)
- Affidavit must support the need for the Order Shortening Time (When do you need the motion heard by and why).
- The Order Shortening Time must comply with Rule EDCR 7.23. Counsel must sign the Order Shortening Time.
- Motions set in the regular course must be E-filed.
- In order to get a motion set before the Discovery Commissioner the front page of the motion must contain:
- Hearing Requested
- Discovery Commissioner
- E-filed Motions are auto accepted and will receive a Notice of Hearing set by Master Calendar. Please provide the Discovery Commissioner’s office with a file stamped courtesy copy with the hearing date and time.
- As of March 1, 2019, Discovery no longer handles Case Management and will not be giving extensions of discovery deadline dates.
- A file stamped courtesy copy must be provided for anything on the Discovery Commissioner’s calendar, i.e.:
- The Discovery Commissioner’s Calendar/minutes are posted on Odyssey;
- The Discovery office is unable to give any legal advice pursuant to N.R.S. 7.285. Discovery can only answer procedural questions.
- The Discovery Court Recorder is Francesca Haak
- To request a Transcript or order a CD please fill out the Transcript Request form and E-mail it to HaakF@clarkcountycourts.us or call 671-4642
- Receipts, Checks and CDs are to be picked up in the RJC 5th Floor – Room 5305. Please knock on the door.
- Please visit the Clerk of the Court Civil Forms Library – Foreign Deposition Packet. For filing questions or concerns please contact the Clerk’s office.
For a Telephonic-Court appearance:
- Contact CourtCall @ (888) 882-6878
- Courtcall appearances should be set up at least 3 days prior to the hearing.
- Counsel/parties will need to call Discovery and request for permission to appear telephonically if less than three days prior to the hearing.