Court Security and Decorum
- No weapons are allowed in the Regional Justice Center. This includes guns, knifes, and other illegal weapons. Visitors carrying these items into the Regional Justice Center are subject to detention and arrest.
- Visitors to the building are subject to screening for weapons and illegal items. At the screening equipment visitors must remove all metal and place it in a basket for screening. Belts also must be removed.
- Smoking is not allowed inside the building. Also, there is no eating, drinking, or chewing gum in any courtroom. Smoking is permitted in designated areas on each floor.
- Proper courtroom attire is required. No shorts or tank tops are allowed in the courtroom, shoes are required. T-shirts, which show offensive slogans or pictures, are not allowed. Hats should be removed before entering the courtroom.
- While in the courtroom, sit quietly when Court is in session. Do not talk or whisper. The Court proceedings are being transcribed by a court reporter and noise can interfere with the preparation of this important record.
- Avoid bringing children to court. If it is necessary to do so, please monitor their behavior so they remain quiet at all times. If they are quiet, children are allowed in the courtroom, but parents may be asked to leave the courtroom if their child becomes noisy or unruly.
- All beepers, cellular telephones, and electronic devices must be turned off before entering the courtroom. Avoid reading newspapers, or books in the courtrooms, particularly if your use of such material may be a distraction to others.