Office - (702) 671-4312
Fax - (702) 671-4311
Law Clerk - (702) 671-4309
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Location - RJC Courtroom 11C
Regional Justice Center
200 Lewis Ave., Las Vegas, NV 89155
No weapons are allowed. There is no eating, drinking, smoking or chewing gum in any courtroom.
Proper courtroom attire is required. No shorts or tank tops are allowed in the courtroom, shoes are required. T-shirts, which show offensive slogans or pictures, are not allowed. Hats should be removed before entering the courtroom.
While in the courtroom, sit quietly when court is in session. Do not talk or whisper. The court proceedings are being recorded by a court recorder and noise can interfere with the preparation of this important record.
All beepers, cellular telephones, and electronic devices must be turned off before entering the courtroom. Avoid reading newspapers, or books in the courtrooms, particularly if your use of such material may be a distraction to others.
Attorneys are expected to maintain the highest ethical standards at all times, and to strictly adhere to the opportunities, requirements, limitations, and deadlines set by the judge. All counsel are to be punctual for all conferences, hearings and trials. They are to be civil to one another as well as to all parties, witnesses, and court personnel - whether in front of a jury or the court.
- Department 3 is currently assigned Civil Court and Criminal Court Dockets
- Department 3 hears Criminal matters on Mondays and Wednesdays starting at 8:30 a.m. for in-custody and 10:00 a.m. for out of custody cases. And Civil matters on Tuesdays starting at 9:00 a.m.
- Department 3 does have a chambers calendar. Please contact Master calendar for a complete list of all matters that must be placed on the hearing calendar.
- Commissioner Erin Truman
- Department 3 uses a Court Recorder.
- Department 3 uses Blue Jeans. Blue Jeans invitations are sent out two business days prior to the scheduled hearings.
- Department 3 may grant unopposed motions in advance. Counsel is required to appear for unopposed motions unless otherwise notified by the Court .
- A Default Judgment prove-up hearing is not required unless special circumstances exist. Should a hearing be required, the Court will set the hearing.
- Department 3 requires proposed orders to be submitted to chambers within ten (10) days of notification of the ruling, pursuant to EDCR 7.21. Counsel designated to prepare the order is required to provide a draft to opposing counsel(s), allowing for a reasonable opportunity for review and comment. Non-drafting counsel is not required to sign the order prior to submission. Disputes may be resolved by submitting competing orders with explanatory letters for chambers review.
- For contested orders in District Court Depatment III, both parties must submit their "Proposed Order" to chambers and the Judge will make a ruling on an Order.
- District Court Department III will accept electronic signatures on any document from legal counsel only.
- Department 3 uses the “Arizona Method” of jury selection, requiring voir dire to be directed toward the minimum number of jurors necessary to be qualified, rather than the entire venire.