Mary Kay Holthus
Office - (702) 671-4459
Fax - (702) 671-4458
Law Clerk - (702) 671-4463
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Location - RJC Courtroom 03F
Regional Justice Center
200 Lewis Ave., Las Vegas, NV 89155
No weapons are allowed. There is no eating, drinking, smoking or chewing gum in any courtroom.
Proper courtroom attire is required. No shorts or tank tops are allowed in the courtroom, shoes are required. T-shirts, which show offensive slogans or pictures, are not allowed. Hats should be removed before entering the courtroom.
While in the courtroom, sit quietly when court is in session. Do not talk or whisper. The court proceedings are being recorded by a court recorder and noise can interfere with the preparation of this important record.
All beepers, cellular telephones, and electronic devices must be turned off before entering the courtroom. Avoid reading newspapers, or books in the courtrooms, particularly if your use of such material may be a distraction to others.
Attorneys are expected to maintain the highest ethical standards at all times, and to strictly adhere to the opportunities, requirements, limitations, and deadlines set by the judge. All counsel are to be punctual for all conferences, hearings and trials. They are to be civil to one another as well as to all parties, witnesses, and court personnel - whether in front of a jury or the court.
- Department XVIII is currently assigned a Civil and Criminal Court docket.
Motion calendar schedule
- Department XVIII hears all Civil Court matters on Wednesdays at 9:00AM.
Other regularly scheduled court sessions
- Department XVIII also conducts civil pre-trial calendar calls on Wednesday at 9:00AM.
- Department XVIII hears all Criminal Court Matters on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9:00AM.
Regular chambers calendar
- Department XVIII has a chamber calendar on the second Monday of each month.
Discovery Commissioner assigned
- Commissioner Bonnie Bulla
Court Recorder for its official record
- Department XVIII uses a Court Recorder.
Telephonic appearance request
- Department XVIII requires telephonic appearances be made via Court Call. Counsel must arrange appearance via Court Call prior to their scheduled appearance.
- Department XVIII may grant unopposed motions in advance. Counsel is required to appear for unopposed motions unless otherwise notified by the Court.
Default judgment prove-ups
- A Default Judgment prove-up hearing is not required unless damages are not readily ascertainable.
Submission of Orders
- Department XVIII requires proposed orders to be submitted to chambers within ten (10) days of notification of the ruling, pursuant to EDCR 7.21. Counsel designated to prepare the order is requested to provide a draft to opposing counsel(s) prior to submission. Non-drafting counsel is required to sign the order prior to submission. Disputes may be resolved by submission to chambers of an explanatory letter, copied on all parties, with or without a draft of a competing order.
- For contested orders in District Court Department IV, both parties must submit their "Proposed Order" to chambers and the Judge will make a ruling on an Order.
- In District Court Department XVIII, Judge Holthus wants one original signature.
- Department XVIII uses the “Arizona Method” of jury selection, requiring voir dire to be directed toward the minimum number of jurors necessary to be qualified, rather than the entire venire.
- A Courtesy Copy of any document related to your hearing must be delivered to the Runner Drop Box for Department 18 located on the 3rd floor of the Regional Justice Center, per EDCR 7.26(d). All Courtesy Copies with exhibits must conform to EDCR 2.27.