Frequently Asked Questions

There are several parking lots located nearby that charge by the half-hour. The County has a metered lot adjacent to the RJC between Clark and Bonneville streets off of Third Street. Metered street parking is also available around the courthouse. Bring quarters for meters. Some of the meters also take credit cards.

Don’t bring these prohibited items guns, knives, scissors, box cutters, metal combs, anything that could be used as weapon/blunt instrument, tools, studded belts and bracelets, motorcycle helmets, illegal substances, any glass, plastic or metallic items that could pose a danger or threat.

Bring relevant paperwork related to your case.

The Marriage Bureau has a separate entrance on the Clark Street side of the RJC. There is no need to go through the security checkpoint at the main RJC entrance if you are visiting the marriage Bureau.

Traffic tickets can be paid online or by phone. Look at the ticket and determine if it in the Justice Court or the Municipal Court. To pay it online, visit the appropriate court’s website or call instead of making the trip to the courthouse.

Justice Court


Municipal Court


*Have a credit card ready!

If you’re coming to court to pay a ticket or other unscheduled business, avoid the peak hours of 8 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. This is when many people arrive at court resulting in lines at the security screening area.

Can’t access our on-line case inquiry system? Chances are our system is not down. If you changed anything in your system, such as upgrading the OS, the web browser, or installing a firewall, that change probably caused the problem. Your system (all programs between you and the Internet) must be set to enable cookies. Contact your internet service provider if you have questions on cookies. Some firewalls must also be set to allow web site re-direction if that option is available. Check the settings in your web browser and firewall programs first.

A good check for locating the problem is if you or a friend has access to another computer (preferably not on the same network as your system) that can be used. ; If you can access our system with the other computer, the problem is definitely in your system configuration (computer or network).

Finding your court case can be accomplished using the District Court’s Online Calendars and Case Inquiry System. The following information will help you view case minutes, search by name and learn why some records are sealed. You can access District Court records for Civil, Criminal, Probate, Family and Child Support cases. Court Calendars for all District Court Judges can be accessed here.

The Civil/Criminal/Probate option includes searches for civil lawsuits, probate proceedings and criminal cases. Once you select an option, the detailed search screen will retrieve a case based on case number (by default). Select Party Search to search by a person’s name.

The Family Law/Child Support option includes searches for divorce, annulments, temporary protective orders, or child custody hearings. Once you select an option, the detailed search screen will retrieve a case based on case number (by default). Select Party Search to search by a person’s name.

For cases originating in Justice Court, you can view them using the Justice Court Case Number. You can also search for an individual named in a case by selecting the Party Search link.

At any time you can click on Help in the shaded blue area for additional information.


Minutes detailing court activity can be found within the on-line records for a case, if they have been added by the Court Clerk. In general, minutes often explain the outcome of a hearing or explain why a hearing was rescheduled to a later date.

Once you have located a case in the Court Case Inquiry System, you can read trial or hearing minutes by clicking on the blue “Calendar” link. Locate the blue “Yes” under the calendar date (see example below). Click it on and follow the directions. If this “Yes” does not appear, no minutes are available, or they have been made a part of a master entry.

Minutes for multiple hearings, set for a single day, are entered under one listing. Look for a “260” minute entry and the blue “Yes” to read them.

Cases currently in trial are locked until the trial has concluded. You must appear in person in the office of the Court Clerk to view information related to the case. Once the trial has ended the information is unlocked and once again made available to the public.

Minutes related to Family matters are not made available on the Internet due to privacy issues. You must appear in person to request to view this information.

Sealing case records originates with a requirement to protect confidential information from public access. Specific reasons for sealing a case may vary. Certain case types such as adoption, paternity and juvenile abuse or neglect matters are automatically sealed by statute. In addition, the court may order the sealing of individual civil, domestic, temporary protective order, probate, guardianship or involuntary civil commitment cases. Criminal records may be ordered sealed upon meeting certain statutory requirements. An order to seal includes all records, papers and exhibits in the custody of court. Other records relating to the case, in the custody of such other agencies and officials as are named in the order, must also be ordered sealed. All proceedings recounted in the record are deemed never to have occurred. In some circumstances, the court may seal only certain documents in a case, without sealing the entire file. Our current technology cannot block Internet access to individual documents but must restrict access to the entire case. The same is true for criminal cases involving more than one defendant. If the case is ordered sealed as to one defendant, the entire case will be sealed from Internet access.

By order of the court, there is no Internet access to sealed records. Parties to the action (plaintiff or defendant) and counsel of record may access sealed cases by submitting a request in person to the Clerk of the Court located at the division of District Court where the case was filed. Photo identification is required. Access to adoption cases requires a court order in addition to photo identification.

This site contains court cases for the Eighth Judicial District Court. To find Divorce cases, Criminal Cases, or Civil matters heard by the District Court please click here. The District Court handles felony and civil lawsuits exceeding $15,000. What you will not see are Justice Court specific cases, such as traffic court cases, and cases filed in other jurisdictions. For example, take the situation of not finding your divorce in our system. The Eight Judicial District Court’s jurisdiction is Clark County but other District Courts overlap multiple counties. This site contains the Clark County divorces but not any other county. So just because you don’t see it in our system doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist in another jurisdiction’s system. You also may not find warrant information, inmate locations, etc. on-line.

Court Case data (including any court calendar change) is handled by the Clerk of the Court. The official case files are also maintained by the Clerk’s office. Contact the Clerk’s office for case related inquiries, as well as any filing information you require. 

Site Updates

The case management system is updated from 6:00 am until midnight (Monday through Friday). How current is the information? That depends on what type of data you are looking at. For example, motions placed on calendar by Master Calendar are entered directly into the system. Court minutes are done when the courtroom clerk is not in the court room, filings information can be up to 9 work days behind (depending on case load and personnel availability levels), judgments are entered into the system within one (1) business day, new case filings are done at time of filing. Bottom line: Contact the Clerk of the Court to verify the information you seek, as well as to identify any errors displayed in the on-line system.

On the day the Justice Court presents the bindover order and documents to the Clerk of the Court, the case is entered into the system and provided a case number at the time of presentation. Follow up data entry into Blackstone is done on a first come / first served basis after the documents are scanned. Scanning is done by 2:00 AM the following day (on most days).

Arrangement for transcripts of hearings are made by contacting the Court Reporter or Recorder for each individual department. Arrangement for payment must be made at the time transcripts are ordered. Transcripts may be ordered from the Clerk of the Court, or obtained from your attorney, if they have been furnished one by the court. Transcripts ordered from the Clerk of the Court must be paid for prior to copying. Fees for this service are $0.50 per page plus certification fees of $3.00. Please allow 5-7 working days for these copies to be prepared.

According to Nevada Revised Statutes(NRS), the file maintained by the Clerk of the Court constitutes the OFFICIAL record of the court. If copies are desired or required, you must contact the Clerk’s office and follow their established policies to order and obtain your copies.

Small Claims actions are under the jurisdiction of the Justice Courts within Nevada. You may obtain forms and proper procedures by visiting the Civil Law Self Help Center on the first floor of the Regional Justice Center, 200 Lewis Ave, Las Vegas, NV 89101.

This court cannot refer you to, nor recommend, any attorney. A complete attorney listing can be found in the local telephone book or you may consult the Nevada State Bar for a referral.

No, you do not need an attorney to appear in court, however, individual parties appearing in proper person are required to follow local court rules You can also do research at the Law Library. Professional businesses and corporations may not be represented by anyone other than a licensed attorney.

For divorce filing information, visit the Clerk of the Court webpage dedicated to divorce proceedings. You can also check our the informational links at our Family Law Self Help Center, such as the Family Court Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs). These web pages will give you details on filing fees, the approximate time it will take, and when the divorce is final. Many details are located in the instructional links for the electronic forms packets.

The Family Law Self-Help Center provides has a variety of forms for the most common types of cases in Family Court (i.e., divorce, annulment, custody, visitation, child support, name changes, guardianship, etc.) and orders for those cases. The Center also has instructions on how to complete the forms. Additionally, the Center has handouts to walk you through the court system for different types of hearings and paperwork. The Center has a book with a listing of attorneys who are willing to accept family law cases. Copies of the most commonly used statutes, a legal dictionary, and a listing of attorneys across the United States and throughout the world are also available. The Self-Help Center also has many brochures and pamphlets about other groups in Las Vegas that may be able to assist you, such as the Pro Bono Project, Nevada Legal Services, etc. It also has information about classes taught by law students from UNLV about Family Law. However, the staff at the Self-Help Center will not give you legal advice. If you need legal advice, you will need to see a lawyer. Visit the Family Law Self-Help Center for more answers to your specific questions.

No, an appointment to talk with your judge is not allowed. All ex-parte communication is prohibited by law, which requires that each party or their respective attorney is involved. This also means we can not pass on email sent to the Webmaster and addressed to a judge on matters pertaining to an active case.

The Court may only receive information on a case pending before a judge by the filing of the appropriate motion which would be set on the court’s calendar. Any other information received outside of this procedure is prohibited. If the party cannot afford legal representation, then they may prepare the motion (a document indicating what relief/issue that they want the judge to address) by themselves. The State and Local Bar Associations also may be able to help.

To serve as a juror, you must be able to vote, whether you are registered or not, have a sufficient understanding of the English language, and be physically and mentally able to serve. You also must have not been convicted of treason, a felony or other infamous crime. However, an individual who has been honorably discharged from probation the right to serve immediately as a juror in a civil action, and to serve as a juror in a criminal action six years after an honorable discharge from probation. Those are the basic requirements for being a juror in Nevada. Visit Juror Information for more information about Jury Service.

Court records may be researched on the third floor of the Regional Justice Center, 200 Lewis Avenue, in Downtown Las Vegas or at the Family and Juvenile Clerk Counter located on the first floor of the Family Courts and Services Center, 601 N. Pecos, Las Vegas. Office hours for both locations are 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday excluding holidays. In addition, records can be researched online. Click Here to find out what is required when appearing in person or use Case Inquiry to view records online.

Divorce and Domestic records are maintained in the Clerk of the Court’s Offices located in the Family Court and Services Center Family Courts and Services Center, 601 N. Pecos, Las Vegas. You may mail a request or visit in person. Online records are not available for family related matters.

The Las Vegas Justice Court Clerk maintains forms for civil, small claims, temporary protection orders, evictions and writs, which can be found here, or by visiting the Clerk of the Court. The Eighth Judicial District Court’s Clerk of the Court has prepared various court forms to assist attorneys and pro se (proper person) litigants in compliance with Court Rule EDCR 7.20. The forms, in both Word and Adobe PDF formats, are interactive and allow parties to prepare them with a computer and print them out prior to filing them with the Clerk of the Court. Forms for use by pro se (proper person) litigants in Family Court matters can be found at the Clark County Family Law Self-Help Center, located on the first floor of the Family Courts and Services Center, 601 N. Pecos, Las Vegas.

Probate records are maintained in the Eighth Judicial District Court’s Clerk of the Court located on the third floor of the Regional Justice Center, 200 Lewis Avenue, Las Vegas, NV. You may mail a request, visit in person or view records on-line. Records provides information on mailing addresses, requirements for in-person visits use Case Inquiry to view records online from 1990 forward.

In accordance with Nevada Revised Statutes, the Clerk of the Court is prohibited from providing legal assistance or advice of any kind. To obtain the proper legal assistance, we suggest that you consult an attorney or perform your own legal research at the Clark County Law Library located at 309 S. 3rd St., Las Vegas, NV 89101. The telephone numbers are (702) 455-4695 or 455-4696.

Filing fees are required before documents can be filed by the Clerk of the Court.  Fees are set by the Nevada State Legislature or County Commission and are subject to change or modification without prior notice.  For a complete list of these fees, click here.