The Clerk of the Court maintains court records from September 1909 through the present date. Most records dating from 1990 to present may be searched online. The Clerk of the Court provides access to this information to the public, legal community and court related agencies. Records prior to 1909 must be obtained from Lincoln County.
Click here to access case record information on-line.
- To access the form for a copy request, click on copy request. Please indicate whether you wish to have your copies mailed to you, or held at the Records Division for pick-up.
- To access the form for a search, click on search request form.
- To access the form for a copy of a video hearing in a civil or criminal case, which you can mail or bring into our office, click on JAVS request form. . These must be picked up on the third floor of the Regional Justice Center.
- All domestic case hearing videos are processed by the Transcript Video Services Department. More information can be found on their website.
Please send a completed request form to the Records Division by email or mail to:
Clerk of Court Attn: Records
200 East Lewis Avenue
Las Vegas NV 89155
Records Viewing, Reproduction of Documents, and Costs
- Sealed Domestic records (any file, envelope or document marked “SEALED BY ORDER OF THE COURT” or “SEALED BY LAW”) ARE NOT open to public inspection. Attorneys of record and litigants may view the contents of a sealed record upon presentation of proper identification, except for adoption cases. No individual may view an adoption record without a court order..
- Sealed Civil and Criminal cases require a court order to obtain documents or information.
- It is illegal to remove any documents, files or exhibits from the Clerk’s Office for viewing (NRS 239.300).
- A case number is required to access court records. If you do not have a case number, please provide the complete names of the parties in the case, along with the year the action was filed. If the case cannot be located in the Odyssey case management system, you may leave a search request with our Records Division staff as we may have to refer to the microfilm index to locate a case number. The cost for a search of records prior to 1990 is $0.50 per year, per name (NRS 19.013).
- The cost for photocopies is $0.50 per page (NRS 19.013).
- Your photocopied document can be certified for an additional $3.00 per document, or exemplified for an additional $6.00 per document. When supplying your own copy the fees are $5.00 to certify and $9.00 to exemplify.
- The Clerk of the Court cannot certify, or exemplify, any document if the original of the document is not on file with this office.
- Copies of images that are available through our case management system may be produced while you wait (staffing levels permitting such accommodation). You will be asked to leave your request for pick up at a later date, or have them mailed to you, in the event the request is for a large number of documents, or the image has to be obtained from another source i.e. microfilm/microfiche. These requests may take up to 2 weeks to complete.
- Unsealed admitted evidence may be viewed by appointment only and requires a government issued current and valid photo identification.