The Eighth Judicial District Court’s Clerk of the Court has prepared various court forms to assist attorneys and pro se (proper person) litigants in compliance with Court Rule EDCR 7.20. The following forms, in both Word and Adobe PDF formats, are interactive and allow parties to prepare them with a computer and print them out prior to filing them with the Clerk of the Court.
- Audio/Visual Appearance Request Instructions
- Civil/Criminal/Probate Forms
- Family Forms
- Arbitration Forms Library
- Discovery Forms Library
- Probate Forms Library
- Family Law Self-Help Center Forms
- Family Temporary Protective Orders Library
Forms to request ex parte or extended orders to remove guns from high risk individuals
- High Risk Protection Order Application
- High Risk Protection Order Application (PDF Fillable)
- Law Enforcement High Risk Protection Application
- Law Enforcement High Risk Protection Application (PDF Fillable)
- NRS 250 Packet
- SB 79 (NRS 247 and 250) Packet
- SB 79 (NRS 247 250 and 293) Packet
- Secretary of State SB 79 Instructions
- Secretary of State SB 79 Form
- Clark County Recorder’s Office Instructions – SB 79 Confidential Information
- FAQs Regarding Confidential Information
Administrative Records Request (To request CASE RECORDS please visit Records Search and Viewing . Please do not use this form for requesting case records)
Form Library Instructions
Using Word Forms
- Go to the appropriate Forms Library page.
- Click on the Word link for the document to be utilized.
- A dialog box will ask user to open the file or save to the PC.
- Choose the appropriate option. If save is selected, it will be necessary to assign a file name and location on your PC.
- When the document opens up, the first field to be filled in should be highlighted. If it is not, put the cursor over the first (highlighted) field and click. Then begin typing.
- Tab to move to the next entry, and begin typing. DO NOT HIT ENTER KEY as that will input information and blank spaces into the document.
- To move forward or backward in the document to make changes or corrections, use the tab key or back tab (hold down the shift key and hit tab) or use the mouse and click on the appropriate space. To make a correction, simply begin typing or hit the delete key and then continue typing.
- The fields have been set up to allow for word wrapping capability. Occasionally, this may cause some problems with line spacing or formatting. If you need to make adjustments in line spacing, click on the “Protect Form” icon (looks like a lock) on the Forms toolbar to unlock it. (To bring up this toolbar, click on “View,” select “Toolbars,” then put a checkmark in the “Forms” checkbox which is a toggle (on/off) button.) Make adjustments in spacing and text, etc. as required, then click again on the “Protect Form” icon to re-lock it for editing in the future.
- Save the file to the PC in the normal manner.
Using PDF Forms
- Go to appropriate forms library page.
- Click on the PDF link for the document to be utilized. Adobe will open the document.
- Use the tab key to move to the appropriate field or information to be filled in. (hold down the shift key and press the tab key to tab backward).
- Note that the field name (title) is highlighted. Simply begin typing and the text will be written over the field name.
For fields that are to remain blank, tab through and hit the delete key to Remove the field name. If you wish to print out a completely blank document, you will need to tab through the document to each field and hit the delete key to remove the field name for each, then print it out as normal.
- The mouse can also be used to move to the appropriate field. However, it will be necessary to highlight the field name to enter text in that field. Otherwise, some or all of the field name will appear in the document. To highlight the field name, double click on it, then begin typing.however, it will be necessary to highlight the field name to enter text in that field. Otherwise, some or all of the field name will appear in the document. To highlight the field name, double click on it, then begin typing.
- To put a check mark in boxes, use the mouse to click on it, and the check mark will appear. To uncheck a box that has been marked, click on it again. The boxes operate like a toggle (on/off).
- Note that notary signature blocks are not interactive as they must be filled in by the notary when the document is signed.
- Once the document is completed and ready to be printed, please ensure that all pages are printed. Missing pages may render a document unacceptable to the courts.
- To access our online forms, click the appropriate library category below, then click on the appropriate document title from the list provided. Note that there is also a shortcut (direct link) to both the civil and family court cover sheets