Office - (702) 671-4338
Fax - (702) 671-4337
Law Clerk - (702) 671-4335
Email - email@example.com
Location - Phoenix Building Courtroom 11th FL
330 S. 3rd St, Las Vegas, NV 89101
No weapons are allowed. There is no eating, drinking, smoking or chewing gum in any courtroom.
Proper courtroom attire is required. No shorts or tank tops are allowed in the courtroom, shoes are required. T-shirts, which show offensive slogans or pictures, are not allowed. Hats should be removed before entering the courtroom.
While in the courtroom, sit quietly when court is in session. Do not talk or whisper. The court proceedings are being recorded by a court recorder and noise can interfere with the preparation of this important record.
All beepers, cellular telephones, and electronic devices must be turned off before entering the courtroom. Avoid reading newspapers, or books in the courtrooms, particularly if your use of such material may be a distraction to others.
Attorneys are expected to maintain the highest ethical standards at all times, and to strictly adhere to the opportunities, requirements, limitations, and deadlines set by the judge. All counsel are to be punctual for all conferences, hearings and trials. They are to be civil to one another as well as to all parties, witnesses, and court personnel - whether in front of a jury or the court.
- Department 8 is currently assigned Civil Court and Criminal Court Dockets
- Department 8 hears Civil Court matters on Tuesdays at 8:00 a.m. and Criminal Court matters on Mondays and Wednesdays at 8:00 a.m.
- Department 8 does have a chambers calendar. Matters regularly placed on chambers calendar Include: Motions to Withdraw as Counsel; Motions to Associate Counsel; Status Checks on Blocked Accounts; Motions for Leave to Amend; Appointment of Custodian or Receiver; Motions for Reconsideration or Relief; Status Checks on Settlement Documents; Motions for Attorney's Fees and Costs; Motions for Stays or Lift of Stays; Motions to Intervene and Motions for Substitution of Parties.
- Commissioner Erin Truman
- Department 8 uses a Court Recorder
- Department 8 does not require counsel to use Court Call for telephonic appearances. Counsel should contact the Department prior to the scheduled hearing to orchestrate telephonic appearances.
- Department 8 does grant unopposed motions in advance. Counsel is not required to appear for unopposed motions.
- A Default Judgment prove-up hearing is not required unless special circumstances exist. Should a hearing be required, the Court will set the hearing.
- Department 8 requires proposed orders to be submitted to chambers within ten (10) days of notification of the ruling, pursuant to EDCR 7.21. Counsel designated to prepare the order is required to provide a draft to opposing counsel(s), allowing for a reasonable opportunity for review and comment. Non-drafting counsel is not required to sign the order prior to submission. Disputes may be resolved by submission to chambers of an explanatory letter, copied on all parties, with or without a draft of a competing order.
- Department 8 does not use the "Arizona Method" of jury selection. It uses a seating chart. See Chart in additional links.