If you’re looking to find the best way to meet the judges’ expectations in court, check out the next Civil Bench Bar Meeting of the Eighth Judicial District Court at 12:05 p.m. Tuesday, August 11, in courtroom 15C at the Regional Justice Center. The Civil Bench Bar is designed to bring the judiciary and members of the bar together to discuss ways to improve the processing and handling of civil matters. All members of the bar are welcome. You’ll get a review of Nevada Supreme Court Civil Decisions from last month. And you’ll get the skinny on issues including:
- Courtesy Copies to Judges—EDCR 2.20(g) requires the movant to provide courtesy copies of all related briefing, affidavits and exhibits.
- EDCR 2.20(e)—need to provide notice to Courts re: extensions of time to file oppositions!
- Motions to Withdraw? Client needs to be served!
- EDCR 2.34(d) requires the parties to confer re: discovery dispute before filing motion to compel. Personal consultation or telephone conference is required.
- EDCR 2.47(b) requires parties to confer re: motions in limine. Personal consultation or telephone conference is required.
The committee is open to new suggestions and issues of concern to bar members. Lunch will be provided. Civil Bench Bar meetings are usually held on the second Tuesday of each month.