top002Clark County Courts HomeAbout Clark County CourtsJustice CourtDistrict CourtFamily CourtJuvenile CourtCourt ClerkCourt Clerk
Welcome to Clark County Courts.usWelcome to Clark County
top011TrafficCivilCriminalSmall ClaimsFamily CourtProbateSelf HelpSearchSearch



The information provided is intended as a courtesy only.  Many family law matters involve complex and valuable legal rights which cannot adequately be protected without the assistance of an attorney.  The information provided is basic, general information that does not fit all situations.  It is the duty of each self-represented individual to know what rules of court and law apply. 

Clark County, the Eighth Judicial District Court, the Self-Help Center, and their employees shall not be liable for errors contained herein or for direct, indirect, special, or consequential damages in connection with the furnishing of this material.


Below are the Self-Help Center's order form packets. It is your duty to choose the correct packet.  The Self-Help Center staff is prohibited from instructing customers on which packet to use. 

To choose a packet please read the brief description of each packet.  If you are still unsure of which packet to use, open each packet and read at least the first two pages of the instructions. You may use a packet if all of the statements under the heading "Explanation" apply to your particular situation.  If all of the statements do not apply to your particular situation then that packet is not the correct packet.

All of the packets are in a PDF (Portable Document Format).  In order to view and use the packets you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.1 or higher.  If you do not, you can download it for free by clicking here.

Please be sure to print all pages because missing pages may render your document unacceptable to the courts.


Order from a Hearing - if you have had a hearing and the judge made orders, you may be required to prepare a written order for the judge to sign. Remember, a judge's order is usually not enforceable unless you have the order in writing.

Ex Parte Motion for an Order Shortening Time - you may use this packet if you have already filed a motion, but there is an emergency and you want to ask the judge to hear your motion sooner than the date given.


Usually, a person must pay filing fees and costs to start or respond to a lawsuit.  If a person cannot afford the required filing fee, that person can submit an Application to Proceed in Forma Pauperis to the Court.  If granted, the person will be able to file documents without paying the required fee.  It is important to remember that this process is for the truly indigent, and exists so that all persons, regardless of income, have access to the Court.

For Plaintiffs Trying to File a New Case

For Defendants Trying to Respond to a New Case

For Joint Petitioners Trying to File a Joint Petition Divorce

For Anyone Trying to Waive the Filing Fee to File a Motion or Opposition


Stipulation and Order to Continue a Hearing - If you have a hearing coming up, but you and the other party have agreed to change the hearing date, you can fill out the following paperwork to have the court date moved. Both parties must sign the stipulation in front of a notary before the Court will change the court date.

Stipulation and Order – If you and the other party have reached an agreement that you want to be part of your case, you can fill out a Stipulation and Order to have your agreement turned into a court order.  Both parties must sign the Stipulation and Order in front of a notary, and then you will submit the paperwork to the judge for review.  Once the judge signs the Stipulation and Order, the agreement becomes a legally binding order. 




Regional Justice Center
200 Lewis Avenue
Las Vegas, NV 89155

Family Courts and Services Center
601 N. Pecos
Las Vegas, NV 89155

© 2009 Clark County Courts, Clark County, NV

Privacy Statement   Court Rules   Holidays   Links   Help   FAQ     

Nevada Supreme Court   Clark County   Telephone Directory   Site Map