top002Clark County Courts HomeAbout Clark County CourtsJustice CourtDistrict CourtFamily CourtJuvenile CourtCourt ClerkCourt Clerk
Welcome to Clark County Courts.usWelcome to Clark County
top011TrafficCivilCriminalSmall ClaimsFamily CourtProbateSelf HelpSearchSearch



The information provided is intended as a courtesy only.  Many family law matters involve complex and valuable legal rights which cannot adequately be protected without the assistance of an attorney.  The information provided is basic, general information that does not fit all situations.  It is the duty of each self-represented individual to know what rules of court and law apply. 

Clark County, the Eighth Judicial District Court, the Self-Help Center, and their employees shall not be liable for errors contained herein or for direct, indirect, special, or consequential damages in connection with the furnishing of this material.


A spouse may obtain a divorce in Nevada if that spouse has a statutory ground for divorce and has lived in Nevada for at least six weeks prior to filing.

There are three main statutory grounds for divorce: (1) Incompatibility, (2) Insanity for two years prior to the action, and (3)  Spouses living separate and apart for more than one year.

There are two ways to obtain a divorce in Nevada: (1) Complaint for divorce and (2) Joint Petition for divorce.  A Complaint for divorce is the method used when the spouses do not agree on all issues. On the other hand, a Joint Petition is the method used when the spouses agree on all issues.

For more information about divorce in Nevada you may download the Self-Help Center's Divorce Informational Brochure.


Below are the Self-Help Center's form packets for divorce. It is your duty to choose the correct divorce packet.  The Self-Help Center staff is prohibited from instructing customers on which packet to use. 

To choose a packet please read the brief description of each packet.  If you are still unsure of which packet to use, please open each packet and read at least the first two pages of the instructions. You may use a packet if all of the statements under the heading "Explanation" apply to your particular situation.  If all of the statements do not apply to your particular situation then that packet is not the correct packet.

All of the packets are in a PDF (Portable Document Format).  In order to view and use the packets you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.1 or higher.  If you do not, you can download it for free by clicking here.

Please be sure to print all pages because missing pages may render your document unacceptable to the courts.


Complaint for Divorce (With Minor Children) - The following forms may be used to start a divorce if you and your spouse do not agree to the terms of the divorce and you have minor children in common.

Complaint for Divorce (No Children) - The following forms may be used to start a divorce if you and your spouse do not agree to the terms of the divorce and you do not have minor children in common.


Joint Petition (No Children) - The following forms may be used if you and your spouse do not have minor children together.

Joint Petition (With Children) - The following forms may be used if you and your spouse have minor children together.


Service By Publication - If you do not know where the Defendant is located and you are having trouble getting the Defendant served, you may ask the Court's permission to serve by publication.

Ex Parte Motion to Seal File - Generally, your divorce case is a public record.  If you do not want the public to have access to your divorce papers, you can submit the following forms to the judge and have your divorce case sealed.

Financial Disclosure Form - All litigants filing a complaint or answer for divorce, annulment, separate maintenance, custody, or to dissolve a domestic parnership must file and serve the court approved Financial Disclosure Form.  Failure to timely file your Financial Disclosure Form may result in court ordered sanctions.

If either party earns more than $250,000/year (gross), your combined income is more than $250,000/year (gross), either party is self-employed or the owner, partner, managing or majority shareholder, or managing or majority member of a business, or if the combined gross value of the assets the parties own is more than $1,000,000, you may ask the court to require you and the other party to complete a Detailed Financial Disclosure Form instead. You are strongly encouraged to retain an attorney if the Detailed Financial Disclosure Form is required.



Regional Justice Center
200 Lewis Avenue
Las Vegas, NV 89155

Family Courts and Services Center
601 N. Pecos
Las Vegas, NV 89155

© 2009 Clark County Courts, Clark County, NV

Privacy Statement   Court Rules   Holidays   Links   Help   FAQ     

Nevada Supreme Court   Clark County   Telephone Directory   Site Map