Family Violence Intervention Program
Family Court and Services Center
601 North Pecos Road, Ste. ADG-450, Map
Las Vegas, Nevada 89101-2408
Phone: (702) 455-3400
HOURS OF SERVICE
To apply you must arrive by 3:00 p.m.
Monday - Thursday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Closed weekends and holidays
The Family Violence Intervention Program, a cooperative effort of Family Court and Safe Nest, is dedicated to reducing acts of domestic abuse in our community by providing: assistance with the filing of protection order applications, information regarding court-related procedures, safety planning and community awareness of domestic violence issues.
Protection Orders Program
- The Family Violence Intervention Program and its services are delivered to the community free of charge. The program:
- Provides assistance in filing applications for a Protection Order Against Domestic Violence.
- Coordinates the processing of Temporary and Extended Protection Orders.
- Performs data entry of all information required by the Nevada Protection Order Registry.
- Sends packets to Sheriff's Civil Bureau for service upon the adverse party.
- Provides information and forms to either party involved to file a motion to modify or dissolve an existing order.
- Offers referrals to other resources and services when appropriate or necessary.
- Coordinates community education and awareness regarding Protection Orders and other services.
- Distributes pamphlets and brochures regarding domestic violence issues.
The following two (2) forms must be completed prior to visiting the Family Violence Intervention Program to apply for a Protection Order