Procedures and FAQs
The Civil Discovery Office is located in the Regional Justice Center, 200 Lewis Avenue, in Downtown Las Vegas. Hearing Room: 5308 on the 5th Floor. Office hours are 8:00 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday excluding holidays. Please call (702) 671-4486 if you have any questions.
Discovery Phone Number: 671-4486
Discovery Fax Number: 671-4485
Discovery Commissioner: Bonnie A. Bulla
Discovery Address: 200 Lewis Ave., 5th Floor, Las Vegas, NV 89155
Hearing Room: 5308 on the 5th Floor
The Discovery Office:
- Does Not File Anything.
- Does Not accept any pleadings that are faxed (filed or unfiled).
- Does Not call when documents are ready to be picked up, due to the high volume of paperwork received daily.
- Does Not initiate conference calls or call in to conference calls.
For an In Chambers Telephone Conference to Happen:
- All active parties to the case must be represented and ON THE TELEPHONE prior to calling the Discovery office and before the Commissioner will join the Conference call;
- All counsel and/or parties must agree to speak with the Commissioner; and
- The case must be exempt from Arbitration and can not be in the Short trial Program.
Joint Case Conference Reports:
- Counsel should always attempt to file a Joint Case Conference Report even if both sides do not agree on dates. (There are separate sections in the JCCR for the individual parties to enter their desired deadline dates).
- Discovery deadline dates must comply with N.R.C.P. 16.1 and CAN NOT be set on weekends or holidays; and
- Joint Case Conference Reports must be e-filed. Then, a file stamped courtesy copy of the Joint Case Conference Report needs to be delivered to the Discovery office.
- All OST’s submitted before noon will be reviewed/set before end of the business day. Firms need to deliver the OST plus a copy to the Discovery drop off (on the 5th floor of the Regional Justice Center). Once OST has been reviewed, it will be ready for pick-up at the Discovery pick-up (5th Floor). If the OST has been provided with a calendar date and time it then needs to be e-filed. Our office does not give any calendar dates over the phone. Also, we do not contact the firms when the motion is ready for pick up.
- Motions set in the regular course (Notice of Motion) must be e-filed. Master Calendar will provide the hearing date and time. Your office must provide the Discovery Commissioner’s office with a file stamped courtesy copy (5th Floor).
- If you need to know when something is on calendar, make sure you check Odyssey first.
- If you receive or are served with a blank motion that does not contain a hearing date, time or a file stamp, please contact the attorney or firm who served the motion on you. Receiving an unfiled motion does not constitute proper service.
- The Order Shortening Time must be signed by the attorney stating that the attorney submitted it. (see rule E.D.C.R 7.23)
- Any request to continue discovery deadline dates must comply with E.D.C.R. 2.35.
- If all parties agree, all active parties must submit a Stipulation & Order which complies with E.D.C.R. 2.35
- If all parties are unable to agree, an E.D.C.R. 2.35 motion must be submitted. Motion must also contain an E.D.C.R. 2.34 Affidavit.
- Please provide all necessary courtesy copies to the Discovery Commissioner’s drop off (5th Floor) i.e., file stamped C.C. of the CCR and Obj to DCRR.
- A file stamped courtesy copy must be provided for anything on the Discovery Commissioner’s calendar, i.e.:
- The Discovery Commissioner’s Calendar/minutes are posted on Odyssey;
- The Discovery office is unable to give any legal advice pursuant to N.R.S. 7.285. Discovery can only answer procedural questions.
- Please call 671-4642 or fill out the form .
- Please visit the Clerk of the Court Civil Forms Library - Foreign Deposition Packet.
For a Telephonic-Court appearance:
- Contact CourtCall @ (888) 882-6878