Records Search and Viewing
Eighth Judicial District Court
The Clerk of the Court maintains court records from September 1909 through the present date. Most records dating from 1990 to present may be searched online. The Clerk of the Court provides access to this information to the public, legal community and court related agencies. Information can be obtained in person at the Records counter, by mail, or on-line. Search and copy requests for records dating from 1909 to 1990 must be submitted in person or through the mail. The Civil/Criminal Counter is located on the third floor of the Regional Justice Center, 200 Lewis Avenue, in downtown Las Vegas. Family Court is located at 601 North Pecos Road.
Effective Monday, April 14, 2014, the District Court Civil/Criminal Records department will be moving to a new location off-site (several miles from the Regional Justice Center - RJC). The Civil/Criminal Records counter will remain on the 3rd floor of the RJC. All requests for microfilm/microfiche will be processed with a minimum turnaround time of 2 business days and the microfilm/microfiche will be delivered to the counter at the RJC 3rd floor. Copy and search requests can be dropped off at the RJC 3rd floor counter or mailed to the Civil/Criminal Records department (mailing address remains unchanged). Copy and search requests will be processed within 5 to 10 business days and either returned to the RJC 3rd floor counter or mailed out via USPS.
The new location for the Civil/Criminal Records department does not allow for public access, so all requests will be handled remotely. The Civil/Criminal Records department will continue to process all requests in the shortest time possible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Records prior to 1909 must be obtained from Lincoln County.
Cases that can be accessed on the Internet provide the following information via a Register of Action:
- Names of all parties and their counsel (if applicable)
- Events (i.e. document titles and file dates)
- Court minutes (unavailable for Family Court matters)
- Disposition and Judgment records
- Dates of hearings, past and future
- Reference numbers for related cases
Click here to access case record information on-line.
Records Viewing and Reproduction of Documents
- A large number of cases have been digitally imaged, and images of the documents can be viewed on Secure Public Access PCs, in our Records Divisions at both Clerk of Court locations.
- Older records are maintained on microfilm and microfiche; you may be asked to view these cases on film.
- Sealed Domestic records (any file, envelope or document marked "SEALED BY ORDER OF THE COURT" or "SEALED BY LAW") ARE NOT open to public inspection. Attorneys of record and litigants may view the contents of a sealed record upon presentation of proper identification, except for adoption cases. No individual may view an adoption record without a court order.
- Sealed Civil and Criminal cases require a court order to obtain documents or information.
- It is illegal to remove any documents, files or exhibits from the Clerk's Office for viewing (NRS 239.300).
- A case number is required to access court records. If you do not have a case number, please provide the complete names of the parties in the case, along with the year the action was filed. If the case cannot be located in the Odyssey case management system, you may leave a search request with our Records Division staff as we may have to refer to the microfilm index to locate a case number. The cost for a search of records prior to 1990 is $0.50 per year, per name (NRS 19.013).
- The cost for photocopies is $0.50 per page (NRS19.013). All fees must be paid prior to processing your request.
- Your photocopied document can be certified for an additional $3.00 per document, or exemplified for an additional $6.00 per document. . When supplying your own copy the fees are $5.00 to certify and $9.00 to exemplify.
- The Clerk of the Court cannot certify, or exemplify, any document if the original of the document is not on file with this office.
- Copies of images that are available through our case management system may be produced while you wait (staffing levels permitting such accommodation). You will be asked to leave your request for pick up at a later date, or have them mailed to you, in the event the request is for a large number of documents, or the image has to be obtained from another source i.e. microfilm/microfiche. These requests may take up to 2 weeks to complete.
- To access the form for a copy request, which you can mail or bring into our office, click on copy request. Please indicate whether you wish to have your copies mailed to you, or held at the Records Division for pick-up.
- To access the form for a search which you can mail or bring into our office, click on search request form.
- Unsealed admitted evidence may be viewed by appointment only and requires a government issued current and valid photo identification.
Clerk of Court Civil Criminal Division
200 East Lewis Avenue
Las Vegas NV 89155
Clerk of Court Family Division
601 North Pecos Road
Las Vegas NV 89101
Las Vegas Township Justice Court
The Las Vegas Justice Court Clerk maintains all civil and criminal records for the court. The court is located on the second floor of the Regional Justice Center, 200 Lewis Avenue, in downtown Las Vegas. Office hours are 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday excluding holidays. More information about conducting records searches and seeking document copies in the Justice Court can be found here.